In light of the recent Coronavirus pandemic, we have been meeting completely online for the last 2 months. The church leadership has been working to get us back together worshiping in the building, but in a safe and orderly way.
Our plan as it currently stands is to begin a gradual return on Sunday, June 7th at 10:30am for our worship service. We will continue to broadcast our services from the church website and on YouTube to accommodate and respect those who are not ready or able to come back to the building.
We will also continue to observe all social-distancing recommendations that the state and local authorities are making. Specifically, we should keep the number of total attendees to under 100 at this time. We also ask members to follow the initial precautions and considerations to ensure safety while respecting the comfort of those attending.
Here is the plan, beginning on Sunday, June 7:
- Worship Service is to begin at 10:30am. The rear door will open for entry at 10:20am.
- There will be no classes, children’s church, or angel watch offered.
- Older/At-Risk Members should still consider staying home and participating online.
- Families with young children should consider whether they can manage to maintain social distancing for safety and comfort of others.
- All online classes and services will continue as they have for the past two months.
Initial Precautions & Considerations:
- Face Masks will be REQUIRED for worshippers, for your own protection and out of respect for others.
- The kitchen is closed, water bottles will be provided outside of the kitchen.
- Bathrooms for emergency only, if possible.
- Seating will be only every other row and with the members of your household
- Doors will be open for contact-free entry/exit – Enter at REAR door and Exit FRONT Door
- No Physical Bulletins will be printed, they will continue to be emailed
- Electronic prayer requests only (no prayer cards)
- Communion kits will be on a table in the rear, please take yours as you enter the building
- Offices and Classrooms remain off limits. Please stay upstairs.
- Online giving will continue but a basket will be present as you exit for physical donations.
We look forward to seeing you on Sunday, and while it will take some time for us to return to “normal”, your patience and understanding for the new procedures will be very much appreciated. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact the elders or Donny or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.